Hi friends, it’s great to be back after a break, writing for my very own space yet again.
This time I tried making this super quick and easy, and absolutely to-drool-over kind of dessert, the chewy and gooey choco-nut fudge balls.
My personal take on the fudge balls is that when these are had within hours of making, the texture is soft and chewy on the outside and crispy from the nuts inside. When stored for a couple of days, these taste no less than some exotic chocolates because the chewiness of the condensed milk is taken over by the crispness of a yummy nutty milk chocolate. 🙂
It’s definitely a chocolaty treat for the kids, but age is just a number when it comes to the love for chocolate. 😉
Since these turned out absolutely delish, I wish to share the recipe with you all.
- ½ cup – Condensed Milk
- 2 tbsp – Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup – Butter
- 1 tbsp – Powdered Sugar (as per taste/optional as sweetness from condensed milk is sufficient)
- ½ tsp – Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup – Chopped Almonds and Walnuts (can be roasted for extra crispness)
- 1 tbsp – Crushed and Roasted Almonds (for coating on the balls)
- Heat a non-stick pan and add butter and condensed milk to it and mix well
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla extract and powdered sugar
- Cook the mixture on a low-medium flame for about 4-5 minutes
- Keep stirring continuously until the mixture thickens and starts to leave the sides of the pan
- Remove from flame, add the nuts and mix well
- Let the fudge cool down for about ½ hour
- Once cooled, make balls of equal size (This recipe makes 12-14 balls)
- Roll each of the balls in the crushed roasted almonds
The Choco-Nut Fudge Balls are ready to eat immediately for the chewy-chocolaty feel, and best stored for 2-3 days for the exotic chocolate texture.
Hey, I even found these fudge balls perfect to decorate a Nutella Swirl Cake I recently made. The cake looked gorgeous! 🙂
Hope you and your kids enjoy having these fudge balls.