There are so many times when the whole process of baking a cake can feel so lengthy and tedious. Even when some guests are coming over lunch or dinner at a short notice, we are usually on the lookout for desserts that are quick to make and scrumptious at the same time.
So if you wish to make an easy, quick, delectable, chocolaty cake, without getting into the hassle of baking, do try the super easy biscuit cake.
When I tried this for the first time, it took me just 10 minutes to make the cake mix. After setting it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, the biscuit cake was ready to be served.
I would personally recommend this to all chocolate cake lovers. My family swoons over the idea of having a biscuit cake, especially on a summer afternoon when a cold and chocolaty dessert feels like heaven on earth.
Do try making it for your family and friends as well. It’s so easy, even your kids can make this no bake cake. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder/2-3 cubes of chocolate
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil/2 cubes of butter
- 2 packets of Marie biscuits/Cracker biscuits
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Dry fruits (roasted/non-roasted)
For setting the cake:
- Cling Wrap
- Tray/Aluminium Container (can be used alternately as cake setting bases)
- Put oil/butter, vanilla essence and sugar in a bowl and mix well
- Heat the milk slightly and add chocolate. Allow the chocolate to melt in case using chocolate cubes
- Pour the milk and chocolate mix over the oil/butter, vanilla essence and sugar mixture. Mix well
- Add crushed biscuits and keep turning the mixture so that all the mixture gets absorbed by the biscuits
- Keep adding biscuits until you get a thick mixture
- Add the dry fruits to the mix. I used roasted cashews, almonds and pistachios
- Now place a cling wrap on the kitchen counter and transfer the cake mix on it
- Wrap in a shape you wish to set the cake in (round, square or oval)
- After wrapping in the cling film I place the cake in a 5” round cake container to get the perfect round cake shape
- You can even directly place the cling wrapped cake on a tray
- Set in the refrigerator for 1.5 to 2 hrs
Tip: Some people love the crispiness of the biscuits in the cake, while some do not. For those who love the crispiness, 2 hrs setting time is enough. For those who like their cake all soft and gooey, refrigerate the cake overnight, the biscuits will absorb more moisture and become softer.
Hope you will try making and enjoy having this no bake cake. 🙂