Be it evening hunger pangs or those friends coming over, quick and easy, yet light and lip smacking snacks/starters are the ones I always look for.
This time I tried a simple recipe of baby corn fritters, which came out to be marvelously crispy and juicy, and I found them to be a wholesome snack for a high tea or as a starter.
These fritters are made by dipping the blanched baby corns in a mix of plain flour, curd, garlic, salt, black pepper and chili flakes, followed by deep frying them until golden brown. These can be served with the condiments of your choice, be it tomato ketchup, mint chutney, chili garlic sauce or cheese dip. I used the easy recipe for creamy cheese dip. Click on the link for the recipe of creamy cheese dip.
- 1 cup baby corns (blanched and cut into halves for easy of frying and serving)
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp curd
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and add ½ cup of water and mix well to make a batter of thick consistency
- Dip each baby corn in the batter and deep fry a few at a time, till golden brown
- Drain on an absorbent paper
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup, mint chutney, chili garlic sauce or cheese dip